CLOC Toronto Regional Group Meeting
CLOC Toronto Regional Group Agenda
September 27, 2023, 1 PM. - 5 PM.
- 1:00pm -- Arrival, Registration & Lunch (30 minutes)
- 1:30pm - 3:00pm -- Generative AI Educational Presentation (1.5 hrs)
Generative AI seems to be on everyone’s minds these days. We’re constantly hearing about how quickly different Large Language Models (LLMs) are advancing and the different benefits they can provide to users. We will spend this session discussing the impact of Generative AI on the legal profession in particular, and what issues legal departments and legal operations professionals should be thinking about. Some of the topics we will discuss with the group include:
- Potential use cases for AI in legal and legal workflows that may be re-engineered
- The use of AI tools by law firms
- The ability of in-house legal departments to leverage Generative AI now and in the future
- Potential changes in how legal departments think about talent management and the recruitment and training of lawyers
- What in-house departments and legal operations professionals can expect in terms of potential cost savings due to Generative AI
- How the emergence of Generative AI may lead in-house departments and legal operations professionals to think differently about knowledge and data management?
- 3:00pm - 5:000pm -- CLOC Workshop/Networking
- 5:00 -- Program ends
This program is eligible for up to 1.5 Substantive Hours under the Law Society of Ontario’s mandatory CPD Regime.